Property ID SVE04673
7 night Price
4 bedroom garden view villa with private pool at Ubud
Perched high on a river gorge near Balis cultural centre, Ubud, Villa Alamanda’s graceful architecture harmonises with its dramatic tropical environment. Inside, elegant teak furniture is complemented by clean lines, natural colours and local artwork. A sizeable, open-air lounge and dining terrace overhangs the jungle, creating interaction with the stunning scenery. This classic Bali villa sleeps up to eight people in four stylish ensuite bedrooms. Steps from the villas living area lead down into the garden where the swimming pool and bale provide the perfect spots for relaxation. The garden is large enough for children to play and for entertaining.
Villa Alamanda is located in the traditional woodcarvers village of Tengkulak, which sits on a fertile stretch of rice-field land between the Petanu and Pakrisan rivers, five kilometres east of Ubud. About 480 families live in the village, which offers a true insight into daily Balinese life; here you will see farmers tending their rice fields, children playing in the river, and local staff from the village reporting for duty at the prestigious Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah. A small intersection is the venue of a fruit and vegetable market, and there is also a big temple here, which means that colourful Hindu ceremonies are a common sight. There are no international restaurants within walking distance apart from The Restaurant at The Chedi Club (1km)
Features and amenities
Tengkulak, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
8 adults (4 bedrooms with king-size beds); extra bed available at extra cost.
Open-sided living and dining terrace; air-conditioned media room; poolside bale.
13m x 9m.
Full time villa manager, housekeeper, chef/cook, security and attendants
Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets). Indonesian cooking classes available.
WiFi; landline for local and IDD calls; mobile phone coverage.
Satellite TV and DVD player; CD player.
High chair; baby cot with net; blender; DVDs, toys.
A driver and car (seating up to seven passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day at a cost of USD$35++/day (excluding petrol). Alternatively, don’t hesitate to ask the villa manager to call one of the island’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis.
Safes in each bedroom.
- Featuring a king-sized bed this room is perfect for honeymoons with polished wood floors and high-vaulted alang-alang ceilings
- Glass sliding doors with louvre shutters leading onto an outdoor terrace furnished with a daybed
- Louvre shutters open onto a dressing room leading to the ensuite
- Ensuite bathroom with sunken tub and shower and shuttered windows with views of the garden and pool
Cinnamon and red room
- King-sized bedrooms featuring polished wood floors and high-vaulted alang-alang ceilings. These two rooms differ only by their colour schemes
- Private walled garden bathrooms opening onto a large living terrace with daybeds
- Housed in a separate pavilion located next to the media room, this king-sized bedroom features polished wood floors and high-vaulted alang-alang ceilings
- Private sun deck
- Fully enclosed marble bathroom
- T-shaped open-sided living area featuring polished wood floors, high ceilings and overhead fans, daybeds and various spaces for relaxation
- Dining for eight
- Kitchen housed in the staff quarters services the property
- Air-conditioned media room with large flat-screen TV, DVD player, games and toys, beanbags and sofas
- 13m x 9m blue-tiled infinity edge swimming pool
- Palimanan stone pool terrace with sun loungers and an outdoor dining table for casual dining
- Thatched bale
- Intimate lawn area perfect for small weddings, blessings or private yoga sessions
Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, Villa Alamanda is located five kilometres from Ubud near the sleepy wood-carvers village of Tengkulak. This traditional village offers a fascinating insight into daily Balinese life including the colourful and hypnotic Hindu ceremonies.
While the villa enjoys a remote and quiet setting it is only a short drive to many of Bali’s tourist hot spots including the famous Goa Gajah (Elephant Cave), the UNESCO rice fields of Tegallalang, the Tirta Girtu water temple at Tampak Siring, and the Bali Marine and Safari Park.
The main attraction, though, has to be Ubud, Bali’s cultural heart, famed for its art, wood carving, jewellery, textiles, antiques, restaurants, markets and cultural performances – including the Kacek dance. Three hundred metres above sea level in the foothills of the central mountain range, Ubud offers a cooler, wetter climate making it perfect for rice farming.
Places of interest
- The Chedi Club 1.00 km
- Goa Gajah Elephant Cave 1.50 km
- Mas 2.50 km
- Ubud, Monkey Forest Road 4.00 km
- Ubud Market 5.00 km
- Petulu 6.00 km
- Bali Bird Park 9.00 km
- Tegallalang 10.00 km
- Bali Zoo 11.50 km
- Batubulan 12.00 km
- Celuk 12.00 km
- Bali Marine and Safari Park 15.00 km
- Elephant Safari Park 19.00 km
- Seminyak 31.00 km
- Kuta 34.00 km
- Padang Bai Harbour 34.00 km
- Kintamani 36.00 km
- Denpasar Airport 40.00 km
- Candidasa 43.00 km
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS
Events / Wedding
Spa at home